Thursday, June 5, 2008

A great holiday weekend

Okay, so I am a little late getting this posted, but better late than never. I was also very pleased to see that my husband had posted about our weekend and he did a great job describing the experience. Anyway below is what was going to be posted for Memorial Day.

We have just had one of the most beautiful holiday weekends. The weather was just amazing. On saturday in the morning I was able to plant some plants. I love all the colors of spring, it is almost like the Lord smiling at you. That afternoon we took Ellie out to fly kites with our friends Mike and Shanna. Ellie had a wonderful time running around and then holding her Kite as it flew high in the sky. Ellie won getting hers the highest with daddy's help. It was also a cool becasue it was the first time that Shanna had ever flown a kite. Then we came back to the house and Mike and Shanna stayed and we cooked out on the grill.

Sunday Mike and I finally used some gift cards that we got for Christmas to go see Prince Caspian. Ellie and Joshua went to church with Grandma and Grandpa while we went to see the movie. It was really good and from what I remember from reading the books they did a pretty good job. It was ridiclous, it was $19 for the tickets and then for the drinks and popcorn it was $17 and that was just for two of us. I cringe at the thought of taking a whole family.

Monday my mom and I went down to visit with Dessairee, Char and her family and then we went to my anut and uncles house. Dessairee is doing well and really bonding with Char and her family. They still do have some concerns about her breathing and her one hand. Her pediatrician wants her to see an ENT beause her sinuses are so swollen she can't see anything to determine if something is going on or not. She holds her one hand kinda curved in ,her pediatrician said it could have happened during birth or another injury. It would have to be something in the nerves or muscles since the orthopedic doctor didn't see any breaks.

We covet all prayers during this time. Tomorrow Johnny has his trial date here in Harford County and I will give an update tomorrow as to what was decided. Well since I am so late getting this post out I can give a praise report concerning Johnny. He had a really good judge from what my mom and dad said and they basically gave him time served. So all the stuff in Harford county is done with and now he has been moved to Baltimore City. It appears that they have denied him bail and with that we will not be able to visit him for the first 60 days. Please pray that the truth will be revealed and that Johnny won't get the brunt of all this becasue he was the one to take her to the hospital. Right now as it stands on the court criminal records site he has all kinds of charges and the mother has next to nothing.

Dessairee's next hearing is June 18 and that will be the parental rights hearing that had to be rescheduled. Her mother has a trial date in August to face the child abuse charges at this point unless she accepts a plea bargin. We are believing that if they are going to offer a plea bargin that it would be that she gives up her parental rights and gets no jail time. I have learned a lot more
about the whole justice system than I ever thougth I would before all this happened.




Thefirst picture is of Char and Dessairee and then the other one is my mom and Dessairee.


We had a wonderful time visiting with Char and the family, then my mom and I went to my aunt and uncles house for a cookout. Mike, my dad, and grandmom met us down there as well as my sister and her family. It is always a good time with lots and lots of food at my aunt and uncles house. My cousin Chris is a really good cook and it seems always has a new recipe for us to try. This time is was shrimp with some type of sauce on it and it was amazing, a little spicey but really good.
My cousin Rich and his wife Holly who had their little boy ten days before Joshua. We hadn't seen him since Christmas and it was amazing to see him walking. It's hard to imagine that he and Joshua are only ten days apart because Joshua seems to have no desire to walk yet. I know that will come in time. So anyway now I will get to the really fun part the pictures.
Joshua found a water bottle that still had water in it and had a wonderful time. Emma and Ellie playing their version of dodge ball with Mike and Pop Pop.
This is my cousin Rich and his son Zachery who is 10 days older than Joshua.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I had seen Joshua standing up on his own! How cool!