Thursday, May 8, 2008

Attempting to Blog

Ok, so I have been thinking about blogging for a long time as I have enjoyed reading my friends. I am not sure that I will be able to keep up with it as others, but here is my attempt and maybe sometime my wonderful husband will share his thoughts.

For any that are reading this and have been praying for Dessiaree I would like to give an up date. She is doing very well and her broken bones are healing. She has been able to have all of the casts removed and given the okay to do all that a four month old can do. On May 7 she had the 30 day parental rights hearing. The only problem was that no one made sure that the Dad my brother Johnny had a public defender from Baltimore City. I got to see first hand how my tax dollars are hard at work. Anyway we all get there and find out that it has been postponed till June 18 because he didn't have a lawyer. Even though nothing was decided some good did come out of our time. The court did decide to give the Department of Social Services (DSS) the ability to decide who can see Dessiaree, so my family will be able to see her again. Also we were told that the mother's side of the family will not be able to have visits. We are very thankful for that as Dessiaree, my brother, and her mother Shelly lived with her parents and no one did anything to protect this precious baby. The other good thing was that we were able to clear up some family misunderstandings.

Dessiaree has another court date set for June 18 and we are hoping that the Mother and her family will stop contesting everything. By that time both mother and father will have had their arraignments and will be made aware of the evidence against them. We are praying that justice and truth will prevail. I want all parties involved in what happened to Dessiaree to face the consequences but I don't want Johnny to be the scape goat since he was the one that took her to the hospital.

As my family walks through another trial I have to step back and remember that the Lord's hand is still here and working. I am reminded that we don't know what God has in store for us. We don't know what trials we will have to face. We don't know but the Lord does and we have to hold on with everything that we have in us. I was reminded today of our friends Lauren and Kevin and how the lost their little boy, while at the same time Mike and I were getting custody of my nephew Trent. I can remember at that time really questioning the Lord and not understanding how they couldn't have a healthy baby and my sister who wasn't married and couldn't even really take care of herself had a healthy whole baby. Yesterday I was in court for my brothers baby and that was on the 3rd anniversary of little Joseph going home to be with the Lord. Once again I have the same questions...Why Lord?? I know that I may never understand but I know that the Lord has used Joseph to touch many lives and I know that He has a plan and purpose for Dessiaree's life. I have struggled greatly with understanding why the Lord allows these things to happen. Why did He give Joseph to Kevin and Lauren only to take him away? Why did He allow Dessiaree to be abused the way she was, so helpless and small? I don't know but I know that the Lord was there for Lauren and Kevin. Watching them go through that and seeing how much they grew together and closer to the Lord was awe inspiring. What could have torn them apart had exactly the opposite effect. I know that only the Lord can do something so amazing.

It has always been a challenge for me to start and close something that I am writing so I will leave you with this; I pray that as you read the chronicles of my families life you will be blessed, encouraged, and maybe even laugh at the ups and downs and everything in between.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Glad you guys are bloggin! Its good to hear the updates on the little one, and how things are progressing.

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts about little Joseph. I had those same questions as well, and it seems so unfair, but we both got to see how God's best work is done through adversity, because seeing good things come out of tragedy is miraculous.

Looking forward to checking back... tell mike he better blog too.

-Kevin

p.s. you should open up the comment restrictions to allow anonymous and/or name only posting, so people don't "have" to have a blogger id to comment.

wndworship said...

Glad to hear that you are streching yourself. Through the years I too have wondered about why God chooses to give these precious children to those who can't or won't take care of them while others can't have children. I don't have the answer to that but I do know that each one is a gift and HE has a plan and purpose for their life. And although we don't know it now we will when we see HIM face to face.