Friday, May 9, 2008

Offically a soccer mom

Well, I guess not officially until July or August when Soccer season starts for Ellie. Her games will be up in Belcamp because the coach goes to Mikes mom's church and we had a chance to talk to him. I felt very good about how he coaches and what he allows and doesn't allow from the parents. I want her to have a good first experience and I think she should be able too with him.

The second part of becoming a soccer mom is of course the ride. So we have finally bit the bullet and gotten a mini van. Not just any mini van as you can all guess with Mike as my husband. We have most of the bells and whistles in our new vehicle. It is a '08 Honda Odyssey that had 8 miles on it when we purchased it on Monday. I have attached pictures of the new ride.





Sorry the pictures are not much but they are from the camera phone taken by the sales person at about 11 O'clock at night. It took us 4 1/4 hours to get them to come to the price we wanted but they eventually did. We are now a 1 car family as Mike came to the decision to trade in his truck. Yes you read it right the truck is no more. He finally decided that between the gas and the fact that the truck wasn't gaining value and wasn't exactly a family car it was time. I told him that had to be his decision so we traded the car and truck and got the mini van with all the bells and whistles that he wanted.

For those that want to know more about the van you have to ask him because I don't have a clue other than it drives very nice. So I guess for a little bit we are going to continue to be a one car family until we can find a little puddle jumper for Mike to run to the bus stop and back. Ellie is just loving her new ride. The minute we get in the car she is putting on her head phones to watch her movie. Joshua at this point can't enjoy any of it as he is still rear facing but I am sure he will love that too.

2 comments:

Kera said...

Wow!!! Can't wait to see the new ride in person : ) It looks great!! So happy for you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Never thought I'd see the day Mike came to his senses and bought a Honda!!!!! congrats mike!! :) haha.