Wednesday, May 14, 2008

They Won, They Won!!

Finally good news from the Buslers. Last night our church softball team won, wahooo! The score was 18 to 6, great job guys!!This was a good game where it seemed that we had both offense and defense. My wonderful husband had 3 hits and at least one RBI. Our friend Mike had two 3 run home runs which were pretty awesome and certainly helped out. For anyone interested the games are mostly on Tuesday nights with a couple happening on Thursday nights. The games start at 6:30PM and our home games are at Grace which is on 22 right across from the Wendy's. You will have to ask Mike about where the other games will be held if you are interested.

Last night turned out to be a really great night for a baseball game. I am praying that Friday will be as nice as we are going to our first Orioles game of the season. We decided to go to this one because it is a fireworks night. I am really excited as I think the Orioles have a great chance of proving all the critics wrong. We should have a good game because the pitcher should be Garrett Olson who has been doing exceptionally well since coming up to the majors.

I am also a little anxious as we are going to let Joshua stay overnight for the first time. I know that he will be ok just as Ellie has been when she has spent the night away. It will be good to have a night out without having to worry about the children but I still feel a little guilty. I wanted to do this now as we consider the possibility of leaving him while we go camping at the end of May. I don't know if I am logistically going to be able to do it but I need to at least have him spend the night one night before we go away for a couple. Sometimes I feel like I am crazy for it being so hard but I would rather be this way than not caring at all.

Well I was hoping to end this with a couple of pictures of Joshua and Ellie but I didn't do so great with my camera phone this morning. Joshua just looks too cute in shorts that I wanted to share it with everyone. Hopefully I will be able to get a couple and get them posted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohaoaho yeah... that's right! Actually according to the SBA (Susquehanna Babtist Association) website which maintains all of the scores, wins / losses it said our final score was 19 to 6. But none the less it was a fun game and a much better experience being on the winning side of the fence. Just two weeks ago we got slaughtered by the best team in the league 20 to zip... Later.. -Mike

Anonymous said...

once it was 10-0 I think I woulda wanted to quit :)

Good job! What position you playing?

Anonymous said...

It felt like it was 10-0 after the first inning and I think most of us had given up at that point. =)

The main position I play is catcher, but I did get a chance to rotate with another guy this past game between catcher and right fielder. So that was nice to try something different.